Issues with timezone picker in RC1
|Reported by:||xibe||Owned by:||ryan|
I should have seen it earlier, but while making a quick test of the fr_FR translation with RC1, I noticed two issues in the TZ picker.
Note: the "wordpress-continents-cities.pot" has been translated (albeit partially) into "continents-cities-fr_FR.po" for a long time now, and is up to date with that latest POT.
- some continents names are not translated, even though they are in the local po/mo. In fact (I find this out while making a list of the faulty continents), ALL of them are untranslated, SAVE for the first one: "Africa" does show up as "Afrique".
- cities are not alphabetically sorted after translation. The fr_FR has issues which I attributed to special characters (like strings starting with 'Île' (Island) showing on top (or not!), then I stumbled upon this gem (there might be others): Douala > El Aaiun > Freetown is displayed as Douala > Laâyoune > Freetown. Please not that, following Nikolay's advices, Douala and Freetown are left untranslated in the fr_FR po/mo. In short, they are displayed with the original sorting. Dunno if the non-translations is what is breaking things.
Attached picture shows the whole Atlantic continent as displayed in 2.8-RC1 with the latest fr_FR translation. I added 'Île' to some of the entries, and this get 'Île' scattered around in the continent's sub-list.
These are not blocker items, but still, it makes for some strings being moved around in the list, which can prove untidy.
Change History (10)
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major