thickbox.js strings are not i18n
|Reported by:||xibe||Owned by:||azaozz|
Plugins are starting to rely on WP's own set of included JS libs, and therefore are dropping their translation for these libs' strings.
For instance, NextGEN Gallery is now using WP's ThickBox lib rather than including its own version, and WP's contains the following non-i18n strings - which, therefore, appear in English in all cases:
TB_NextHTML = "<span id='TB_next'> <a href='#'>Next ></a></span>";
TB_PrevHTML = "<span id='TB_prev'> <a href='#'>< Prev</a></span>";
TB_imageCount = "Image " + (TB_Counter + 1) +" of "+ (TB_TempArray.length);
line 129 (title is 'Close'):
jQuery("#TB_window").append("<a href='' id='TB_ImageOff' title='Close'><img id='TB_Image' src='"+url+"' width='"+imageWidth+"' height='"+imageHeight+"' alt='"+caption+"'/></a>" + "<div id='TB_caption'>"+caption+"<div id='TB_secondLine'>" + TB_imageCount + TB_PrevHTML + TB_NextHTML + "</div></div><div id='TB_closeWindow'><a href='#' id='TB_closeWindowButton' title='Close'><img src='" + tb_closeImage + "' /></a></div>");
- there might be others in this file, I only did a quick survey following this report on the WPFR forums ;
- other included libraries might also have non-i18n strings, which should be tracked down.
Change History (11)
comment:2 nbachiyski — 4 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Owner changed from nbachiyski to azaozz
- Status changed from new to reviewing