Author names not encoded from api.wordpress.org
|Reported by:||picklingjar||Owned by:||mdawaffe|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||api, rpc, plugin|
Author names with non ascii characters can look corrupt in the plugin browser due to them not being encoded, the problem also effects addons using the plugin api together with rpc.
Search for the c s lewis quotes plugin or any plugin where the author has a non ascii character.
The data returned from http://api.wordpress.org/plugins/info/1.0/ should encode the author name (but not the included link) before sending it.
Temporary Fix for plugin lising (doesn't fix plugins & rpc)
Use the following code to apply htmlentities to the authors name but preserve the a href tag sent from api.wordpress.org
$author = $plugin['author'];
$author = preg_replace("/>(.*)</Ue", "'>'.htmlentities('\\1').'<'",$plugin['author'])
Change History (7)
- Component changed from Plugins to Upgrade/Install
- Owner set to dd32
- Component changed from Upgrade/Install to WordPress.org
- Owner changed from dd32 to ryan
comment:4 markjaquith — 4 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Owner changed from ryan to mdawaffe
- Status changed from new to assigned