sort_by and count_limit options for wp_list_authors
|Reported by:||takaitra||Owned by:||scribu|
As author of the List Authors widget plugin, there are two options I suggest to add to the wp_list_authors template function: sort_by and count_limit. Both of these would address frequent feature requests for the author list.
name - sorts by author name (or full name if show_fullname=1)
post_count - sorts by number of author posts in descending order
count_limit: when passed a positive integer, will limit the list to that number of authors.
I reviewed the function and believe that count_limit would be almost trivial to implement via adding a limit to the SELECT statement. The post_count sorting is not as trivial but could be done. I would be willing to code and submit a patch.
Change History (45)
comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description ; follow-up: ↓ 2 Denis-de-Bernardy — 4 years ago
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to 3.1
comment:33 scribu — 3 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to 3.1
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement
comment:34 scribu — 3 years ago
- Owner changed from westi to scribu
- Status changed from reviewing to accepted