Taxonomy metabox doesn't respect show_ui parameter
|Reported by:||michelwppi||Owned by:||dd32|
|Cc:||michelwppi, mpretty@…, mikeschinkel@…|
Since WP 2.3 that introduces powerful taxonomies, as others dev, xili-language plugin use a specific taxonomy to manage languages of post. I observe that in WP 28, dev team decide to display automatically in post edit ui all customized non hierarchical taxonomies (line #296 of edit-form-advanced.php...)...
This introduces some troubles for users because sometime theses taxonomies must be hidden to authors UI or need specific designed admin UI meta boxes (as designed in xili-language)... The selection by property "hierarchical" is too general and inapropriate. (the xili taxonomy here created is not hierarchical) I suggest to introduce a new property in function register_taxonomy() in array args - 'post_admin_display' true by defaut - line #173 of taxonomy.php... And this property can be checked in the loop to add meta boxes of edit-form-advanced.php...
If you agree as I hope, I can provide sources...
Change History (21)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.8.2 to Future Release
- Version set to 2.8
comment:3 prettyboymp — 4 years ago
- Cc mpretty@… added
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; has-patch dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to 3.1
comment:14 scribu — 4 years ago
- Keywords commit removed
- Summary changed from Post edit UI : better control and choice of add_meta_box of registered post taxonomies to Taxonomy metabox doesn't respect show_ui parameter
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)