Download Latest WordPress, Not Last One Found.
|Reported by:||dcole07||Owned by:|
This is an edge case scenario that likely doesn't effect much of anyone, but if someone is running WordPress 2.8.2 and decides to upgrade right after WordPress 2.8.4 has been released, then they will upgrade to WordPress 2.8.3. This problem arises because WordPress doesn't check for new versions every second, so there is a small window of time were the newest version of WordPress your being told about isn't actually the most current version.
To fix this problem, I suggest WordPress upgrade to latest.zip, instead of the version number, e.g. wordpress-2.8.4.zip.
Change History (6)
- Component changed from Upgrade/Install to WordPress.org
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Owner changed from dd32 to ryan
- Type changed from defect (bug) to feature request
- Component changed from WordPress.org to Upgrade/Install
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.9
- Owner ryan deleted