Support Partial core upgrades
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:||nacin|
|Cc:||westi, AaronAsAChimp, ocean90|
It'd be nice that for point releases, Partial core upgrades were supported.
Ie. Instead of copying 1,000 files, 999 of which are identical, only a single file is updated on the system.
This could be done in a few ways.
- Zip archive only contains changed files
- The contents of the files in the zip and the local filesystem are compared before copying (Or even just the CRC32's)
are the first 2 which come to mind.
There'd also be a rather large speed up in terms of not writing temporary files to the filesystem first.. Which in itself, Takes a long time, and can make some upgrades take twice as long.. (but is needed)
I'd be willing to work on the implementation of it as well.
Change History (20)
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.2
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
- Keywords needs-testing removed
- Owner changed from dd32 to nacin
- Status changed from new to accepted