Bug in dbDelta
|Reported by:||arena||Owned by:||ryan|
Once i created a table for a plugin.
Then i updated the plugin, modifying, adding and changing the order of the columns (just for code readability, as no effect on how the table is created) in the CREATE TABLE.
This last point resulted in a misinterpretation of what i intended to do by dbDelta code.
When the columns of the table to update are not in the same order than the original table,
- considers it is a new column,
- generates a (ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN ...) instead of a (ALTER TABLE ... CHANGE COLUMN ...)
- should return an error but can't get the caller (2.8.4)
Change History (11)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.8.5 to 2.9
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Version set to 2.8.4
- Keywords dev-feedback added; needs-patch removed
- Version changed from 2.8.4 to 2.8.5