Email administrators that an update is available for core|plugins|themes
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:||dd32|
Inspired by the recent 'email notifications for updates' plugins discussion on wp-hackers/other forums, I'd like to propose the functionality actually be included in core.
I'm thinking of a daily email (Or perhaps, even when WordPress does the update checks) that says along the lines of:
WordPress would like to notify you that you have 3 updates available: WordPress 2.9.1 Plugin: Super Plugin 4 Theme: My Theme
Only email when the updates havn't changed since last email.
Core potential? Or leave it for plugin material?
Change History (27)
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0
- Owner set to dd32
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from accepted to closed
- Component changed from Administration to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords email notifications added; dev-feedback removed
- Milestone set to 3.1
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Keywords email notifications removed
- Summary changed from Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for core|plugins|themes to Email administrators that an update is available for core|plugins|themes
- Type changed from feature request to task (blessed)
- Keywords 3.2-early added
- Milestone changed from 3.1 to Future Release