Remove 'siteurl' setting from options-general.php
|Reported by:||scribu||Owned by:|
|Cc:||scribu@…, mike.schroder@…, ipstenu@…, mdhansen@…|
Better to fix the cause for this: "WordPress address" (siteurl) shouldn't be changeable from Settings->General at all as it cannot be set safely there. Most users would just break their blogs if they change it.
It is set at install and only needs changing when WordPress is moved to another domain or (sub)directory. This happens very rarely and there are other (better?) ways to set siteurl.
in this case, we need to make sure the www. pref is passed on to the site_url. else we're bound to get massive bugs (e.g. #9873)
Change History (31)
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0
comment:17 scribu — 3 years ago
- Keywords commit removed
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to Future Release
comment:23 nacin — 10 months ago
- Keywords 3.2-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.5