adapt to https use
|Reported by:||brantgurga||Owned by:|
Wordpress should be cognizant of whether https was used to access the page and use https to access content under its control to minimize mixed content warnings in browsers.
- Configure Internet Explorer 8 with default settings.
- Load https://gurganus.name/brant.
- Choose "Yes" about only showing the secure content.
Actual result: You receive both a degraded user experience as well as a usually unnecessary warning.
Expected result: The URLs to content under Wordpress control such as the stylesheet are switched to https so that secured and non-secured content is not mixed.
It's understandable that Wordpress can't do anything about content not under its control, but images and stylesheets are under its control generally so they should be loaded over https if the page was loaded over https.
Change History (12)
- Component changed from General to HTTP
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Owner set to dd32