Saving an empty draft dumps user out to edit.php
|Reported by:||markel||Owned by:||akhilasuram|
|Cc:||westi, idealien, mdhansen@…|
ENV: wp trunk r12138 (2.9-rare)
When a user starts up the editor for a new post and attempts to save a post with no title and no content, WordPress dumps the user back out to the list of posts in edit.php with no message or indication as to why this happened. You can edit the publish information (date, status, etc.), tags, and categories, but as long as there is nothing for either the post title or the post content, the behavior is the same.
It's expected that a post with no content whatsoever wouldn't be saved (there's nothing there!), but would be nice if the behavior were easier to understand or explained why nothing was happening.
Change History (50)
- Keywords needs-patch added; confusing ux draft publish removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Keywords needs-testing added; needs-refresh removed
- Version changed from 2.9 to 2.7
- Keywords needs-refresh added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to Future Release