Fix for poor sidebar CSS in Kubrick theme
|Reported by:||chrisbliss18||Owned by:||iandstewart|
Rather than using a float to push the sidebar alongside the content area, Kubrick floats the content area and then uses a left-margin of 545 pixels to shove the sidebar over. This causes float and clear CSS rules to produce very odd results in the sidebar.
The attached patch changes the #sidebar left-margin from 545px to 50px and adds "float: left".
A site running the patched version of Kubrick has been tested in IE 6-8 and the latest versions of Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari. All the browsers rendered the sidebar in the same position as before the patch with the exception of also fixing the float/clear problem.
Change History (8)
- Cc aaron@… added
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Component changed from Themes to WordPress.org
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to WordPress.org site
- Owner set to iandstewart
- Status changed from reopened to assigned