Comments: Edit button is not necessary with Quick Edit button
|Reported by:||lloydbudd||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by lloydbudd)
Comments: Edit is not necessary with Quick Edit
Enhancement, ENV: 2.9-beta-1 (trunk r12287)
BTW, why not merge Edit and Quick Edit - always Quick Edit if there is JS, and link to Edit otherwise? We could add a link to the full edit page within Quick Edit - call it "advanced" or something.
@caesarsgrunt you make an excellent point!
Add date manipulation to "Quick Edit"... consistent with Post/Page quick edit.
"Quick Edit" button should be removed. "Edit" should do "quick edit" if JS is enabled.
As far as I can tell, the Edit action only other additional action is to also change the status, but that can quickly be done directly from the Comments web page (edit-comments.php). No reason to clutter with an "Advanced" button/option on the page.
This does make it inconsistent with Posts/Pages which have "Quick Edit | Edit", but this inconsistency seems appropriate in context.
Please leave the target milestone as 3.0, ie not work on this ticket until after 2.9 has shipped -- ship it!
Change History (33)
- Keywords early added; buttons quick edit edit comments removed
- Summary changed from Comments: Edit is not necessary with Quick Edit to Comments: Edit button is not necessary with Quick Edit button
- Keywords early needs-patch removed
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed