Adding wmode transparent to flash videos
|Reported by:||aldolat||Owned by:||Viper007Bond|
WP 2.9 should add this line
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
among other params inside the object tag when inserting a video from Youtube and others sites.
Also, it should add
<embed ... wmode="transparent" ... >
in the the embed tag.
While these parameters are already present in the press-this.php file, the standard writing panel doesn't include them.
If these declarations are not present, the video overlaps another element in the page that should be on top of others elements (such as a dropdown menu that would be hidden by a flash video).
Change History (25)
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Component changed from Media to Embeds
- Owner set to Viper007Bond
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened