Unable to Crop Images in RC1
|Reported by:||miqrogroove||Owned by:|
There appear to be several bugs in the Image Crop input fields. I'll let you decide which of these symptoms are valid.
- Go to the Edit Media screen for an image.
- Click & Drag to highlight an area of the image.
- Enter an Aspect ratio of 4:3. The image selection changes but the Selection fields are not updated.
- Attempt to change the Aspect ratio to 4:7. Input is erased as soon as I type it in. This makes no sense at first, but appears to be some kind of boundary feedback?
- Attempt to change the Aspect ratio to 10:11. Input is impossible unless the second field is empty.
- Change the Aspect ratio to 7:8 and then change it to 7.9:8. Nothing happens.
- In common graphics vocabulary, "Selection" always refers to a pair of rectangular coordinates. Using the word "Selection" where "Size" is what you meant to say is confusing.
- Scale Image is collapsed by default, with no indiciation that it can be expanded except for a slight difference in text color, and the cursor changes on mouse over. This is inconsistent with the Image Crop area, which is not collapsible.
- There is no way to enter a decimal coefficient for the Aspect ratio. Even 1.67:1 doesn't work. Unless the user wants to always use 1:1, 16:9, 8:5, 5:4, or 4:3, the existing Aspect Ratio fields will be useless. The interface would make more sense with a limited set of radio options.
- The original image Aspect Ratio is not displayed. If my image has an Aspect of 1.39847, and I want to "lock it in" while cropping, there is no obvious way to do it.
- The new image Aspect Ratio is not displayed. If I crop by click & drag, or by typing in the Selection fields, there is no way to know the resulting Aspect Ratio without pulling out a calculator.
- The original image dimensions are not displayed, unless the Scale Image area has been expanded. Cropping is just that much more awkward as a result.
Change History (31)
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Summary changed from Aspect Ratio Input Behaves Erratically to Unable to Crop Images in RC1
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from reopened to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.