Remove all IM fields from core.
|Reported by:||ShaneF||Owned by:||ShaneF|
|Cc:||mikeschinkel@…, ipstenu@…, scribu, lol@…, michael.d.beckwith@…, mail@…, info@…, brad@…, kovshenin, sabreuse, nashwan.doaqan@…, mboynes@…, bananastalktome@…|
Description (last modified by dd32)
Due to the Contact Method fields not being used by the majority of themes, and the current list of Contact Methods is lacking many of the networks certain cultures use.
Perhaps it's best that they be removed entirely, and relied upon the Theme and/or Plugins to add the contact methods which suit the Culture group to be added.
Attached patch removes current contact methods from the profile page, Does not affect the underlying database.
Change History (41)
- Owner set to ShaneF
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Summary changed from Add Twitter to User Profile Field to Remove all IM fields from core.
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords dev-feedback added; commit removed
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.6
- Cc bananastalktome@… added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened