2.9.1 TinyMCE problems
|Reported by:||nonegiven||Owned by:|
|Severity:||minor||Keywords:||video embed, Tiny MCE|
There are problems with the new 2.9.1 and TinyMCE.
I noticed it first with URLs whether just weblinks or Youtube/video links.
- you cannot post http:// code in <code> tags without it being rendered as a link. You cannot even use old code inserting plugin because it still overrides them.
- you cannot insert Youtube/video links in other code, it breaks the new video embed feature and it DNF, e.g. center item
- there is no option to justify video embed
- 2.9.1 and/or the TinyMCE is inserting empty tags all over the place.
- they are adding <br /> tags where and when you would not want them.
- The visual and html editors conflict with each other and/or do not register changes, e.g. center justifications.
- code does not render consistently, e.g. in the example below, the first line might render with a carriage return, but the second line not.
<strong>code:</strong>(a) <code> <a href="example.com"><img src="example.jpg" /></a> </code> <br /> <strong>code: </strong>(b) <code> <a href="example.com"> ...
- It will chew up tables and delete required tags ... or ever add tables where none were inserted
These are just a few ... I am excused by it.
There are more problems.
Change History (6)
- Milestone changed from 2.9.2 to Future Release
- Priority changed from highest omg bbq to low
- Resolution set to invalid
- Severity changed from blocker to minor
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.