wpautop inserts line break elements in select element breaking XHTML 1.1 Strict compatibility
|Reported by:||akerem||Owned by:|
The wpautop function of Wordpress inserts line break elements (<br />) after option elements in a select element of a form, breaking XHTML 1.1 Strict compatibility.
The problem can be solved simply by adding option to $allblocks variable in formatting.php
A diff file is attached.
Change History (10)
comment:5 follow-up: ↓ 7 WraithKenny — 2 years ago
- Cc Ken@… added
- Keywords changed from wpautop, line break, form, select, option to wpautop line break, form, select, option
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 WraithKenny — 2 years ago
- Keywords changed from wpautop line break, form, select, option to wpautop line break form, select, option
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 5 SergeyBiryukov — 2 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; wpautop line break form select option removed
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to 3.3