Multisite should not lock the root blog into using a /blog prefix
|Reported by:||wpmuguru||Owned by:|
|Cc:||wordpress@…, danieltwc@…, ipstenu@…, jeremy.pry@…, knut@…, ryan@…, mindctrl, pippin@…|
MU Trac Ticket: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/409
I don't think WPMU should lock the root blog into using a /blog prefix on permalinks. Currently, the /blog on the beginning of permalinks is hardcoded.
I realise this was probably added to stop conflicts when not using a VHOST solution, but when using VHOST to put other blogs into subdomains, why lock the root blog's permalinks as such?
Could the /blog requirement be removed if VHOST is 'yes'?
Change History (32)
- Milestone changed from 3.1 to 3.0
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)
- Version set to 3.0
- Cc wordpress@… added
- Component changed from Multisite to Permalinks
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Severity changed from normal to blocker
- Summary changed from WPMU should not lock the root blog into using a /blog prefix on permalinks to Option to /blog prefix on permalinks
- Version changed from 3.0 to 3.2
- Component changed from Permalinks to Multisite
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Version changed from 3.2 to 3.0
comment:10 nacin — 2 years ago
- Summary changed from Option to /blog prefix on permalinks to Multisite should not lock the root blog into using a /blog prefix