Allow taxonomy privledges to be handled independently of categories
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:||dd32|
At present, all taxonomy-related actions are based off the manage_categories capability.
This means that plugins are not able to restrict who can modify/delete their taxonomies terms.
In the same light, This also restricts site managers from only allowing certain users(roles) to handle specific functions.
I'm commiting a first-scrape at it, Things that need to be looked into:
- MultiSite integration
- Tag-style taxonomy additions (ie. Allowed to manage(add to post object) but not add)
- viewing of the post page should allow the user to see the current terms, but not change them (Current code will hide them entirely)
- Ensure that when a user modifies an existing post, terms are not lost.
The caps are currently changed by passing one of the following args to register_taxonomy, empty() or not-set will result in manage_categories being used.
- manage_cap - Assigning the Term to a Post object
- edit_cap - Addition & Modification of a Term
- delete_cap - Deletion of a Term
Note, That this doesnt affect plugins, plugins still have free roam over the taxonomy API regardless of the user logged in.
Change History (23)
- Component changed from Role/Capability to Taxonomy
- Owner set to filosofo
- Owner changed from filosofo to dd32
- Status changed from new to accepted