New pagination style on list-type screens
|Reported by:||jane||Owned by:||scribu|
|Severity:||minor||Keywords:||needs-patch early gsoc|
|Cc:||scribu@…, ryanfitzer, WordPress@…, mikeschinkel@…, john.wp@…|
On screens like edit.php where all posts are listed (or where comments are listed, media library, etc), the pagination we have is a little bit bulky, with arrows, numbers, dots, numbers and arrows. If you want to jump 10 pages in, for example, it takes several clicks to get to a place where you have the option. I propose we adopt a different style of pagination, one that allows entry of the page number directly in addition to using previous/next arrows. I'm attaching a snapshot of how Hulu does it, which is fast, easy to use, and very unobtrusive.
Marking as 3.0 in case someone feels like coding up a patch before freeze next week, but at that point I'll go ahead and punt it.
Change History (32)
- Keywords early added
- Milestone changed from 3.0 to 3.1
- Owner set to dd32
- Owner changed from dd32 to edward mindreantre
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
- Owner edward mindreantre deleted
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
- Keywords needs-patch gsoc added; has-patch removed
- Owner changed from dd32 to scribu