There should be an API to register post_types and post_status
|Reported by:||ceenz||Owned by:|
Presently the available (default) post_types and post_statuses are stored in wp-includes/post.php and called on init.
Shouldn't they be stored in the DB (perhaps in the options table). This would make it much easier / cleaner to add / manage custom post_types.
Essentially as the post_type array contains meta-data about that posts of that type I don't believe that it is good practice to store that statically.
This could be very easily implemented for 3.0 release and clean up a whole lot of hacking / issues and make a uniform way of storing custom post_types.
Change History (8)
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Summary changed from Shouldn't post_types and post_status be stored in DB? to There should be an API to register post_types and post_status
- Component changed from General to Post Types
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; post_types cck removed
comment:7 johnbillion — 4 months ago
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened