WP should cache menus
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||ryan|
There's a prime example of how to do this in the menu ticket (i.e. the plugin I attached in #11817).
Shouldn't we be doing this in WP as well?
It basically goes:
- if it's a page, then try a post meta
- if it's search/404 request, then try a transient
- if it's anything else, then try a transient
The plugin also handles conditional flushing of the cache based on whether or not the permalink and/or the label changed.
Change History (9)
comment:1 ptahdunbar — 4 years ago
- Cc ptahdunbar added
- Component changed from General to Menus
- Owner set to ryan
- Milestone 3.0 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 4 prettyboymp — 2 years ago
- Keywords close removed
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened