template-loader does not check for child theme's index.php
|Reported by:||koopersmith||Owned by:||nacin|
When template-loader reaches the last case in the if statement, it checks for only the parent theme's index.php. Template-loader should first check for the child's index.php, then the parent's index.php. It should use locate_template, which will check for both the parent and the child and behave accordingly.
To replicate the bug, make a parent and child theme each with only index.php. In no instances should the parent's index.php be shown, but on archive pages (and others) it will appear.
For easier bug replication:
- Make a child theme of twentyten with a blank index.php
- Delete twentyten's archive.php
- Navigate to an archive page
Change History (5)
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 3.0
- Owner set to nacin
- Status changed from new to reviewing