"Template" shouldn't show for custom hierarchical post types
|Reported by:||greenshady||Owned by:|
|Cc:||sarah_hines, elementweb, aaroncampbell|
When creating a custom post type that is hierarchical, the post type would likely support the page-attributes meta box because this grants access to the parent drop-down.
While I can certainly see the benefit in having the ability to create custom templates, my "page" templates shouldn't appear for other post types. These templates were created for use specifically with the page post type.
I see four solutions for fixing this issue:
1) Remove this when the post type isn't a page.
2) Allow for specific post type templates to be recognized in the form of:
$post_type->singular_label Template: Example
3) Create a separate meta box that simply handles the parent so the page-attributes meta box isn't needed.
4) Add a hook so developers can remove this.
Note that the page template drop-down is also shown with the quick edit feature.
Change History (11)
comment:7 elementweb — 3 years ago
- Cc elementweb added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened