Quick Edit on custom post type changes post_type to "post"
|Reported by:||jazzpdx||Owned by:|
|Severity:||major||Keywords:||Quick Edit, post_type, Custom Post Type|
Using most recent nightly build of 3.0beta1:
When on the "Edit [post_type]" page (equivalent of "Edit Posts" page for a custom post type), entries that are updated using Quick Edit end up being switched to post_type = 'post'
Steps, assuming that a custom post type is registered as "gig" using the following:
register_post_type('gig', array( 'label' => __('Gigs'), 'singular_label' => __('Gig'), 'public' => true, 'show_ui' => true, '_builtin' => true, '_edit_link' => 'post.php?post=%d', 'capability_type' => 'post', 'hierarchical' => false, 'rewrite' => false, 'query_var' => false, 'supports' => array('title', 'editor',/* 'custom-fields' */), 'register_meta_box_cb' => 'gig_callback' ));
1) Gigs->Edit in the sidebar
2) On the Edit Gigs page, choose Quick Edit for an existing entry
3) Click "Update" -- note that it doesn't matter if any of the quick edit fields have any changed information
4) At this point, the entry still appears on the Edit Gigs page, because the AJAX request won't remove it from the page
5) Reload Edit Gigs page -- the entry is missing and now appears on the Edit Posts screen along with the others of post_type = 'post' -- does not retain it's property of post_type = 'gig'
Particularly ugly problem because there's no way in the GUI to change the post type, leaving most users in the dust without a way to programmaticly change the post type back.
Apologies if this is a repeat -- a cursory search of the tickets didn't turn anything up besides ticket #12869