HTML validation broken when plugin adds a menu title such as "Foo & Bar"
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:|
HTML validation is currently broken when a plugin adds a menu title such as "Foo & Bar".
The & is not escaped in the menu output.
The options i came up with are:
- HTML Escape the titles on output
- Problem: Title may contain HTML (such as comments and plugin bubbles)
- HTML Escape the titles upon adding them in add_menu_page()
- Problem: Breaks any plugins adding HTML through it
- wptexturize() the menu titles on output
The last seems to work correctly for me.
We've currently got "Authors & Users" hard coded in, this changes that simply to "Authors & Users" as well.