is_single() or its documentation needs update
|Reported by:||sirzooro||Owned by:||scribu|
I have compared how is_single() works with its documentation, and I am a bit confused:
- implementation: is_single() returns true for Posts, Attachments and Custom Post Types; for Pages it returns false;
- documentation on codex: "When any single Post page is being displayed." (my understanding: it should return true for Posts only);
- inline documentation in code: "Whether the current page query is single page. [...] This applies to other post types, attachments, pages, posts. Just means that the current query has only a single object.".
Need to determine how this function should really works, and update it, its inline doc and/or codex accordingly.
Change History (9)
- Component changed from General to Inline Docs
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.1