Custom Taxonomies - Post Count wrong
|Reported by:||defade||Owned by:|
I've just set up some custom taxonomies on our blog.
Basically they are just some basic custom tag-clouds for a few different subjects
But i've come across what appears to be a weird bug
After creating my custom taxonomies, i went through my articles (posts) using the bulk edit function to 'tag' all the articles in the new custom tag-subjects
By using the bulk-edit feature, this saved me loads of time, but in doing so meant i could only add one tag at a time - however, cetain articles needed to be tagged with multiple tags, so they would show up in the repeated use of bulk edit many times
Here's where it got weird....
Every time i added a new tag to a post and hit the 'update' button, it would increase the post count for that article by +1
I know that sounds a bit crazy, as an article does not have a post count, so the best way to explain it is with an example
1) Go to our sites archive page http://f1stockcars.com/about/archives/
2) Look over to the right for our custom "Drivers" tag-cloud
3) Near the top is is a driver called "Colin Goodswen"
4) Hover your mouse on this driver and it says "12 Topics"
5) Click the name though, and you'll find he has just ONE topic
The reason for this is simply because i had to add multiple "driver" tags to that particular article, and each time i hit the "Update Post" button it (as i said before) increased the post count for that article by +1
And it's not just a one-off... virtually EVERY single driver tag has the incorrect post count assigned to their name
I decided to see if this was an issue unique to the 'Bulk Editor' by going into the standard single (full) Post Editor. Without editing a single thing within the post i simple hit the 'Update' Post button. I went back to my archive to check the post count for tags associated with that post, and they had all increased by +1
I think that's about all the information i can provide on how to recreate the bug.
This now means there is not just the fact it's giving wrong information about post counts to our readers, it also means our tag-cloud's appearance is completely wrong, and tags with only one article are being emphasized over other tags with many articles
Change History (11)
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; custom taxonomy post count removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to Future Release
comment:10 webord — 5 months ago
- Keywords dev-feedback added
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed