Object unserialization using get_option fails
|Reported by:||EricAnderson||Owned by:||westi|
Basically, the object is serialized fine, however the code that retreives all the options, unserializes the object as soon as its retrieved from the DB, but since that code happens long before the plugin code is loaded, the class definition is non existant.
The 'correct' way to handle this, would be to not unserialize until the coder calls get_option, in this case, the class definition would be loaded and there would be more problems.
I originally laid out this problem here: http://ericanderson.us/blog/2005-03-08/hacking-wordpresss-get_option-object-unserialization/
Change History (6)
- Milestone set to 2.0.3
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from Administration to General
- Keywords bg|has-patch bg|2nd-opinion added
- Milestone changed from 2.0.3 to 2.1
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added; bg|has-patch bg|2nd-opinion removed