Fix in Ticket #6278 breaks the uploader for Mac Users
|Reported by:||jerrek71||Owned by:|
Ticket #6278 states that the Flash Uploader does not work when the visitor is using Mac OSX
This is not correct - I am using OSX and the Flash Uploader with mod_security2 works just fine.
But it's worse than that - at least on my server, apache_mod_loaded() just kills the script silently. I'm using suPHP so I believe that runs PHP as a CGI and so apache_mod_loaded() probably isn't going to work (although one would have hoped it would simply return false rather than crash - but that's not a WP issue).
Nonetheless, I don't believe functionality should be blocked simply because you're on a Mac (a client issue) and the server has mod_security loaded (a server issue). This would be far better solved IF it's an issue, with a .htaccess or apache configuration rule such as SecFilterSelective or similar.
This bug is likely to affect many people using cPanel servers - mine's just a stock server with suPHP configured.
To reproduce you'll need to access a WP installation, attempt to upload media using a Mac OSX machine and be running on a suPHP based server.
Change History (14)
- Summary changed from Ticket #6278 is absurd - and its fix breaks the uploader completely for Mac Users! to Fix in Ticket #6278 breaks the uploader for Mac Users
- Keywords has-patch added; flash uploader removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.1
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:11 nacin — 3 years ago
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 3.1 to Future Release