If your table prefix ends with a number, you can't use MultiSite
|Reported by:||ipstenu||Owned by:|
in the wp-config.php, if you set your prefix like this:
$table_prefix = 'wp_1';
as many people do for the old days of multiple installs in one DB, you can't use MultiSite, because it saves each sub-site as 'wp_1n' and then you get wp_12 for sub-site #2, which confuses the MultiSite and it can't find anything.
Frankly, I can't think of a way around that easily, and it may be a known bug, but... maybe someone smart can go 'Ah hah!'
The 'fix' is to rename your prefix so it DOES NOT end with a number, and then rename your tables.
Change History (7)
- Summary changed from If your table prefix ends with a number, you can't use MultiSite to maybe just use verification?
- Summary changed from maybe just use verification? to If your table prefix ends with a number, you can't use MultiSite
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed