File upload support for OpenXPS / Microsoft XPS filetype (oxps / xps, alternative to PDF)
|Reported by:||sgryphon||Owned by:||kapeels|
OpenXPS / XPS (XML Paper Specification) is a document file type similar to PDF, originally created by Microsoft but now an open standard, ECMA-388.
If you allow uploads of PDF, you should allow uploads of this competing format.
More details on the file type: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_XML_Paper_Specification
This is a very simple change, similar to Ticket #8194 / Changeset 9662.
- In /trunk/wp-includes/functions.php, function wp_ext2type (line ~2355): add 'oxps' and 'xps' after the 'pdf' entry as 'document' types.
- In /trunk/wp-includes/functions.php, function get_allowed_mime_types (line ~2475): add (after 'pdf') the MIME type for 'oxps' as 'application/oxps', and 'xps' as 'application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument'.
Change History (6)
- Keywords needs-patch added; upload xps oxps pdf microsoft removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Cc kapeel.sable@… added
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added; needs-patch removed