Taxonomy: Duplicate term slug error message refers to the name
|Reported by:||Nao||Owned by:|
|Cc:||kapeel.sable@…, sheri@…, dimadin|
You can't create a term if there is another existing term with the same slug. The error message indicates this warning incorrectly, referring to the term "name" instead of "slug":
A term with the name provided already exists with this parent.
Problem in action:
- Create a category name "Example" with slug "example" without any parent category.
- Once that is saved, try creating the exact same category again.
- "A term with the name provided already exists with this parent." error shows up.
- Create a category name "Example" with slug "example-2".
- No error. Category with the same name can be created, contrary to the error message in step 3.
The error message should refer to the slug not name if this is an intended behavior. If the same term name should not exist under one level, step 4 should not be allowed either (especially with Tags).
Change History (8)
- Keywords reporter-feedback added
- Milestone changed from 3.1 to Awaiting Review