Improving the admin UI for Hierarchical Taxonomies
|Reported by:||husobj||Owned by:||nacin|
|Cc:||contact@…, code@…, r_a_m_i@…|
For hierarchical taxonomies like categories on the edit post in the admin pages, the terms are listed with checkboxes in a scrollable box which has a set height of 200px. If you only have a few terms then the box ends up being much bigger than needed wasting lots of vertical screen real estate. This is particularly frustrating if you create multiple hierarchical taxonomies.
I propose changing the height of the box to use css max-height instead so that the box collapses if you only have a few terms.
See the screengrabs at he post I've written here.
I've attached a preliminary patch too.
Obviously IE6 doesn't support css max-height. Do we need to use an IE hack for this or are we OK if the category box height doesn't restrain in IE6?
Change History (33)
- Keywords has-patch commit added; taxonomy ui admin removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Component changed from Taxonomy to UI
- Keywords ui-feedback added; ui removed
comment:18 in reply to: ↑ 13 SergeyBiryukov — 9 months ago
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.5
comment:20 nacin — 9 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed