user_nicename should be unique
|Reported by:||claudem||Owned by:||pishmishy|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch tested dev-feedback|
When registering new users, WP should check that the sanitized version of the username (user_nicename) is unique in the DB. If this check is not made, we can end up with two different users sharing the same user_nicename.
This is a problem if the permalinks are built with author names (/%author%/...). There is potential for ambiguity in this situation if two username result in the same niice name.
Example: "user-1" and "user 1" both get the same nice name: "user-1".
I recommend to make the user_nicename column unique, like user_login.
Change History (34)
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing 2nd-opninion added; needs-patch removed
- Owner changed from anonymous to charleshooper
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version changed from 126.96.36.199 to 2.1
- Keywords needs-patch added; needs-testing 2nd-opinion removed
- Owner changed from charleshooper to pishmishy
- Status changed from assigned to new
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing dev-feedback added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords tested added; needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.8