Improvements to the Wordpress Update Process
|Reported by:||manski||Owned by:||dd32|
I've some suggestions on how to improve the update process (usability). I guess its not enough for separate tickets so I'm filing them together.
- When updating Wordpress, a plugin or a theme, I'm being asked for the password to the FTP server. You should add a note there that the password won't be stored in the database. I guess many/some users are uncomfortable with storing their FTP password in the database and won't use the "update tool" for this reason.
- Rename the button "Update Automatically" to "Update Wordpress". "Update Automatically" sound like "Update now and update automatically in the future when a new Wordpress (and also plugin/theme?) version is available." This should make the button's function a little bit clearer.
Change History (4)
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords ux-feedback added
- Owner set to dd32
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.