Field names of QuickEdit and QuickPress don't fit in some languages
|Reported by:||settle||Owned by:||SergeyBiryukov|
Default strings are used in QuickPress and QuickEdit, but there is enough space only for english words. In some languages we use much longer meanings which don't fit in their area (view picture).
We can use custom css to make that area larger, but it would be easier to use different translations so translator could choose other meanings ir just translate the word in a shorter form.
I've tried to create a diff for quickpress. The same could be done with quickedit.
Change History (11)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.4
- Owner set to nacin
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner changed from nacin to SergeyBiryukov
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
- Cc kaipgis@… added
- Summary changed from Translate QuickPress strings using _ex instead of _e to Field names of QuickEdit and QuickPress don't fit in some languages
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)
- Version changed from 3.1 to trunk