Can't create categories with different names but similar slugs on Edit Post screen
|Reported by:||jeffreymcmanus||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch 3.6-early needs-unit-tests|
We run a blog that deals with programming languages. Today we were creating a post concerning the C programming language and attempted to create a new category for it, called "C" (just one character). This angered WordPress; it appeared to create a superfluous "Uncategorized" category, but it wound up not actually creating any categories for the post.
I've attached a screenie so you can see what this looks like after I attempt to create the category.
If it's for some reason forbidden to create categories comprised of a single character, maybe a validation error message of some kind would be in order?
Change History (21)
comment:9 SergeyBiryukov — 9 months ago
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Keywords needs-testing close removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
comment:10 SergeyBiryukov — 9 months ago
- Summary changed from Can't create single-character categories to Can't create categories with different names but similar slugs on Edit Post screen
comment:14 in reply to: ↑ 13 ericlewis — 8 months ago
comment:16 SergeyBiryukov — 7 months ago
- Keywords 3.6-early added; punt removed
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release