wp_dequeue_script() fails to dequeue when a registered script is dependent
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||azaozz|
I'm trying to dequeue quicktags. It doesn't work.
sivel was able to track down that scripts are not dequeued, when another script is dependent on them.
Only, in this case, quicktag's only dependent (admin-comments), will always be registered, but on this page, it not enqueued. admin-comment's only dependent (dashboard) is also not enqueued, and is only registered.
- These functions should have return values for them. If they're going to fail, we need to know.
- I should be able to dequeue quicktags in this situation. If admin-comments *is* enqueued, perhaps I should not, unless I dequeue admin-comments first. But at the very least, a registered and unqueued dependent should not prevent dequeueing.
(Extra bug noticed -- the comment reply form is rendered on post-new.php, despite the comments meta box not being supported by this post type.)
Change History (7)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Owner set to azaozz
- Status changed from new to reviewing
- Keywords reporter-feedback added; 2nd-opinion removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.3