Accessibility: Internal Linking behaviour in Editor / TinyMCE
|Reported by:||stencil||Owned by:|
The default behaviour of the new 'Internal Linking' feature is to auto-insert the title attribute as a duplicate of the link text.
This is not best-practise and, contrary to some beliefs, doesn't actually aid accessibility.
The title field should be blank by default and only included if the uses enters data.
Title text is only useful when it is *different* to the actual link text AND provides additional information. Duplicating the link text in this fashion just adds fuzz to the page.
Change History (10)
- Summary changed from Internal Linking behaviour in Editor / TinyMCE to Accessibility: Internal Linking behaviour in Editor / TinyMCE
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Keywords ux-feedback needs-patch added
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement