Optimize SQL for term exclusions
|Reported by:||scribu||Owned by:||scribu|
When calling WP_Query with an argument like 'cat=-1', the WP_Tax_Query::get_sql() method uses a dependant subquery to retrieve posts that don't belong to that category.
This can be achieved in a more efficient way by using a LEFT JOIN.
Change History (7)
- Component changed from Taxonomy to Performance
- Keywords 3.2-early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Keywords 3.2-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.2
- Owner set to scribu
- Status changed from new to accepted