WP HTTP Curl transport is only handling some but not all redirect status codes.
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:|
That's violating the specs by namely processing 301 and 302 only:
HTTP status codes are extensible. HTTP applications are not required
to understand the meaning of all registered status codes, though such
understanding is obviously desirable. However, applications MUST
understand the class of any status code, as indicated by the first
digit, and treat any unrecognized response as being equivalent to the
x00 status code of that class, with the exception that an
unrecognized response MUST NOT be cached.
For 3xx responses, the location SHOULD indicate the
server's preferred URI for automatic redirection to the resource. The
field value consists of a single absolute URI.
from: 14.30 Location
Change History (15)
- Summary changed from WP HTTP Layer with Curl is only handling some but not all redirects. to WP HTTP Curl transport is only handling some but not all redirect status codes.
comment:10 in reply to: ↑ 7 ; follow-up: ↓ 11 dd32 — 3 years ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:13 in reply to: ↑ 12 hakre — 3 years ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed