Changing a menu or tag/category title with matching slugs changes both
|Reported by:||scottcropper||Owned by:|
If a menu is created with a title that matches the slug of a tag or category or vice versa they become connected in the admin. After that if either are edited they both change titles and slugs. This can easily be replicated in a fresh WP 3.1 install with no plugins.
- Create either a menu or tag/category with the title test (slug for tag/category should be test).
- Then create the other with the same title.
- Change either and both will change and have matching titles.
Why would menu names be connected to an individual tag or category? The only purpose I could imagine would be in a template showing a particular tag/category of posts and grabbing a matching menu if one exists. If this is expected behavior then I think its important that this be added to the codex and the admin interface to alert the user to the other changes made.
Change History (5)
- Component changed from General to Menus
- Keywords needs-patch added; 2nd-opinion needs-testing needs-codex removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed