Editing term overwriting term with same name in another taxonomy
|Reported by:||hsatterwhite||Owned by:|
I registered two custom taxonomies, City and County, and then created new terms for each. Creating new terms with identical names in both taxonomies is successful, but if you try to edit the name or slug of the term in one taxonomy it is overwriting the information entered for the term with the identical name in the other taxonomy.
Steps to reproduce:
- Register City and County as custom taxonomies
- Add a term using just the name field to the City taxonomy
- Add a term with the same name using just the name field to the County taxonomy
- Edit the name or slug in the County taxonomy
- Check the term entry of the same name in the City taxonomy
- The term of the same name in the other taxonomy has been changed.
I've tried this using posts and custom post types and I've found that if you add a term of the same name, but define a custom slug, it will add the term and this does not happen. Also deleting a term from one of the taxonomies does not delete the term of the same name from the other taxonomy.