Link Descriptions Are Truncated Without Notification
|Reported by:||achmafooma||Owned by:|
When creating new links, or editing existing links, using the WordPress admin interface, link descriptions are truncated to 255 characters. This is because there is a 255 character limit defined in the link_description column in the wp_links database table.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Go to WP dashboard
2) Select Links > Add New from the menu.
3) Create a link with a description longer than 255 characters.
4) Go back to the link in the links interface; the description has been truncated.
1) The field should have a larger limit (perhaps 1024 characters?).
2) Even if we keep the limit at 255, the UI should prevent users from entering more than the limit, or notify them that the description they have entered will be truncated to the limit.
Thanks for your time!