Add hook for blank or incorrect comment field errors
|Reported by:||filosofo||Owned by:||markjaquith|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||comments error bg|has-patch bg|commit|
In this discussion (button patch for comment post section), someone suggested adding a function to improve the way WordPress handles blank comment fields and missing required emails (In other words, do something other than just die with 'Error: please enter a valid email address,' for example).
My attached patch instead adds a hook that will allow plugin authors and theme developers to create their own custom error responses.
The default action is the existing die behavior.
Change History (7)
- Keywords bg|has-patch bg|commit added
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Owner changed from markjaquith to filosofo
- Status changed from assigned to new