Add support for `wp_remove_object_terms()`
|Reported by:||ericmann||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||needs-patch has-patch needs-testing|
WordPress currently provides functions for setting and retrieving taxonomy terms for a post, but there is no support for removing taxonomy terms. Currently, developers must:
- Get an array of terms for an object
- Remove selected terms from the array
- Overwrite the object's terms using wp_set_object_terms()
This process is somewhat standard, and not too difficult to manage. But most other functions in core come in a get/set/delete set, and this should be no exception.
wp_remove_object_terms() should accept similar parameters as wp_set_object_terms().
Change History (4)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed