Too many similar translation string
|Reported by:||ramiy||Owned by:|
|Cc:||ocean90, r_a_m_i@…, scribu, steveagl, pavelevap@…|
WordPress .po/.mo file is too big (3,312 strings). I know that we can't delete strings but we can reduce the file size by merging simmilar strings. WordPress has too many simmilar string. English developers don't notice this but non-english translators are frustrated by this when they have to translate the same string in 2 or 3 different variations.
I suggest to merge simmilar strings, this way will achive two things:
- Smaller .po/.mo files.
- Easier translation process as there will be less string to translate. I belive 200-300 strings less.
(Check out the bbPress ticket #BB1584 for more information and examples)
Few WordPress examples:
No login ID submitted
no login ID submitted
You are not allowed to post as this user.
You are not allowed to post as this user
Log out »
Log out of this account
(change all to "Log Out")
(change all to "Log In")
Change History (28)
comment:3 SergeyBiryukov — 2 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Cc r_a_m_i@… added
- Component changed from General to I18N
- Keywords has-patch added
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Version set to 3.2.1